Manouso Manos join us November 3-5, 2017!
To register by mail or in person, please use the form attached at the bottom of the event flyer.
To register online, please sign in to MindBody from your laptop or desktop (the phone app has glitches.) Click on Enrollments to view all of the workshop sessions and to register for your choices there.
FALL QUARTER WORKSHOPS
Inversions with Margie Minkler
- Sunday, October 22, 2-4pm: Inversions III: Energy for Living Inversions not only balance our system, inversions can be incredibly energizing. In this workshop, learn the playful poses of pincha myurasana (forearm balance) and adho mukha vrksasana (handstand) with the security of wall support, work on sirsasana, and enjoy an extended salamba sarvangasana (supported shoulderstand) series for complete refreshment. Students attending should have experience with both sirsasana and sarvangasana.
Guest Teacher Workshop with Advanced Iyengar Instructor Manouso Manos
IYIP presents a special weekend with guest teacher Manouso Manos!
Manouso is one of only two Advanced Senior Certified Iyengar Yoga Instructors in the U.S. He began his studies with Sri B.K.S. Iyengar in 1976 and in 1984, served as chairperson of the first International Iyengar Yoga Convention. After numerous trips to Pune, India and nearly 4 decades of personal practice, his understanding of and insights into Iyengar Yoga are conveyed with authenticity and precision.
Methodical in his teaching, Manouso lays a solid foundation and progressively refines each of the asanas. His sense of humor and sensitivity shine through as his dynamic and challenging teaching style moves his students beyond their perceived limits.
Friday, November 3, 6:30-8:30pm
Saturday, November 4, 9am-1pm
Sunday, November 5, 9am-Noon
Hips, Low Back and Legs with Christina Sible
- Sunday, November 12, 2-4pm: Hips, Low Back and Legs
In this workshop we will learn basic structural anatomy of the lumbar spine, hips and leg muscles and how to loosen and lengthen these areas to create more space and less pain.
I’m Thankful For My Partner Yoga with Diane Lassman
- Sunday, November 119, 2-4pm: I’m Thankful for My Partner Yoga
As Thanksgiving draws near, we have much to be thankful for: spouses, partners, family, friends, etc. Grab someone you are thankful for and come explore how deeply gratifying and fun yoga can be when done with your partner. Some experience with yoga postures is preferred. A little wine and chocolate will top off our practice!
Yoga for Diabetes with Sara Azarius
- Sunday, November 26, 2-4pm: Yoga for Diabetes
Yoga for SI Joint, Sciatica, Knees and Ankles with Christina Sible
- Sunday, December 3, 2-4pm: Yoga for SI Joint, Sciatica, Knees and Ankles with Christina Sible Learn basic structural anatomy about the sacrum, hips, knees and ankles, and how to re-align and reduce pain in these areas.
Holiday Yoga to Relax & Rejuvenate with Maureen Martin
- Sunday, December 17, 2-4pm: Holiday Yoga to Relax & Rejuvenate In this busy time of year, we can all use a little extra self-care. Why not come to IYIP for a break? In this workshop, we will practice a sequence designed to maximize your relaxation response by calming and soothing the nervous system in supported asana poses. Along with holding poses and working with the breath, various readings will add to the nurturing environment. Give yourself the gift of relaxation!
Yogic Meaning of Christmas with Sara Azarius
- Sunday, December 23, 4-6pm: Yogic Meaning of Christmas
$35 for each Sunday workshop
Special prices for Guest Teacher workshops as listed on registration flyer
We offer a 20% college/university student & military discount. Please enter YOCDIS at the time of checkout.
You may pay on the MindBody app on your phone or mobile device, on the MindBody website (www.mindbodyonline.com) OR talk to your IYIP teacher and make check or cash payment at the studio.